Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Progress Achieved

 

Step one to getting the craft room set up is figuring out what I have. To do that I need to dig out the dining room which has been our holding area for far too long.

Exhibit A is probably 90% of my fibre stash, the coke can is for scale. The bottom bucket is full of 2 full alpaca fleeces, and a bag of miscellaneos camelids from a conference workshop I did. The top bucket is the wool/silk/mixed fibres that I will hopefully soon get to play with. I still want to catelogue what I have so I can keep track of what I do with the various spins and what I learn.


Exhibit B is 4 of 8 boxes of fabric, patterns, and various odds and sods that I decided were not things I would use and could go find other homes.


I'm being very tough with myself this time, making sure that anything I keep has projects earmarked for it. Not that these are set in stone, but by knowing at least what garment I will make with something and that it's something I will actually wear, then I don't end up with pretty stash that has no purpose.

When I was disposing of my moth ridden stash last year, I came to terms with the fact that, while I had a lot of pretty yarn, I didn't have enough of one type of yarn to make anything with. Lots of single balls, or scraps leftover that ultimately were useless. 

Whatever stash I keep, needs to be useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment