Monday, February 6, 2023

A Trove of Treasures

 It's amazing the stuff you can find when you're sorting through a life's worth of stuff.

8 more boxes of books, fabric, patterns and such out the door, along with a dining table that I used to use for my crafting but no longer have room for.

It's hard having to part with things but, at the same time, every box out the door is a weight off of me.

The fun part of going through all these boxes that have been packed up for years is the random stuff I either forgot I had, or have been looking for for ages.

For example:




A black cape made for a friend that got lost in the shuffle. Said friend has allowed me to keep it as she doesn't need two. This is specifically a cape based on the hooded figures found in the dog park from Welcome to Nightvale. I may have my Halloween costume for next year.




A slipper pattern that my mother has been looking for. My Grandmother had scores of these slippers, specifically the bottom right, in her house. In an effort to continue having the slipper tradition, my mother was trying to reverse engineer from a pair she still has. 

Most interesting is 4 skeins of Sami Amano. I am not a knitter who enjoys knitting with cotton. I usually do anything I can to avoid working with it. So I'm trying to scratch my brain to figure out why I have 4 skeins of Peruvian cotton stashed away in a box. I can only guess that I either had a pattern planned or I won the yarn from my local guild. I'm thinking that I have a cotton tank top in my future.

While I've gotten through most of my stash now, I'm intrigued to see what else we'll dig up as we go through the rest of the boxes.

In other news, the absolute frigid weather broke to allow the snow to melt just enough to make an itty bitty snow man with my daughter.












No comments:

Post a Comment